We Help Adults and Seniors at Home
Are you in pain? Depressed? Anxious? Or are you unable to do the things that are important to you in everyday life?
Occupational Therapy helps adults and seniors after illness, injury, disease, disorder or disability, who are unable to work or unable to do the things that are important in everyday life at home or school, regain their independence.
Has someone used the words:
- chronic pain
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- thoracic outlet syndrome
- degenerative disc disease
- repetitive strain injury
- hand injury
- traumatic brain injury
- spinal cord injury
- Parkinson’s disease
- multiple sclerosis
- ALS (Lou-Gehrig’s Disease)
- learning disability
- attention deficit disorder
- substance abuse
- mood disorder
to diagnose the underlying cause of your symptoms? We can help you with occupational therapy at home.
- are you looking for In-Home Assessment and Treatment?
If so, we can help because Occupational Therapy helps adults and seniors at home.
Contact us for Occupational Therapy help in
Greater Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton,
Call 1.877.784.5353 or 506.847.0677 to learn more.
Is Your Senior Parent Having Difficulty Staying Safe And Independent At Home?
Has Your Parent Had A Fall?
If, So Occupational Therapy Helps Seniors.
- Have you already purchased tools or assistive devices that don’t work?
- Do you want to stop wasting money and time?
- Do you want to ensure your parents’ safety and well-being so they can stay independent in their home?
Are you overwhelmed with picking the right assistive devices and equipment to help your parent?
- Do you think your parent needs a walker or wheelchair but don’t know which one to buy?
- Would you like help choosing the best power wheelchair or scooter?
- Do you want to know where to install the grab bar in the bathtub?
- Or which type of seat is best to use in the bathtub?
- Or which type of seat is best to use the shower?
- Do you want to build a ramp that is safe?
Do you need a specialized Occupational Therapy Geriatric Assessment?
- Are You Concerned About A Senior Family Member Being Safe At Home?
- Are You Worried About His/Her Ability To Manage Finances?
- Are You Concerned About His/Her Ability To Shower, Dress, Groom Or Bathe Appropriately?
- Are You Worried About Your Family Members Insight Into His/Her Difficulties?
Our Occupational Therapists provide specialized Occupational Therapy Geriatric Assessments for Seniors.
Our Occupational Therapists provide specialized
Occupational Therapy Geriatric Assessments for
seniors in Greater Saint John, New Brunswick.
- Initial phone call interview
- Home Visit
- Introduction, Informed Consent
- Assessment of Motor and Process Skills, AMPS
- Evaluate quality of performance of personal or instrumental activities of daily living (ADL)
- Measure the degree to which ADL and IADL are free of increased clumsiness or physical effort, decreased efficiency, safety risk and/or need for assistance
- Mini Mental Status Exam
- Montreal Cognitive Assessment
- Money Management
- Telephone Skills
- Medication Management
- Scoring of Standardized Assessments, Final Report
Total Ability’s Occupational Therapy Is Mobile
A TOTAL ABILITY Occupational Therapist will visit you at home, special care home or nursing home.
If you are paying privately, our mobile visits provide FREE travel by the Occupational Therapist to the following postal codes: E2E, E2G, E2H, E2J, E2K, E2L, E2M, E2N, E2P, E2R, E3A, E3B, E3C, E3E, E1A, E1B, E1C, E1E, E1G. If you live, work or go to school outside of our FREE postal codes, travel expenses are modest and are just to cover our occupational therapist’s time and mileage.
Travel expenses do apply for third party payers.
Do you want to refer a senior to TOTAL ABILITY? Download our referral form: Senior Referral Form to TOTAL ABILITY. Download our referral form.
What our clients say
“…there was instant improvement and Mom is thrilled”.
“The TOTAL ABILITY occupational therapist was wonderful”.
“We are loving our TOTAL ABILITY occupational therapist. She is super!”
Mobile Occupational Therapy
We come to you, providing solutions tailored to your needs! Whether it’s your home, school or at work, our mobile occupational therapists serve Saint John, Fredericton, Moncton and surrounding areas.